We are looking for passionate and ambitious candidates ready to make life easier for restaurateurs around the world.
The flavors of your week
- Providing consultation, advisory and legal advice relating, but not limited to, negotiations of customer, partner and vendor agreements.
- Establish and work across UEAT to ensure compliance with policies on data protection, personal information and privacy, all in cooperation with our external legal counsel and lawyers at Moneris.
- Managing legal aspects of contract review and amendments, as assigned, including agreements with our suppliers, partners and customers.
- Identify issues, challenges, legal needs and make recommendations to resolve same.
- Reviewing applicable documents for compliance and/or legal implications with lawyers at Moneris.
- Make recommendations and create best practices relating to legal and compliance, all in cooperation with lawyers at Moneris ;
- Participate in the improvement of the internal information security training and awareness program.
- Provide legal advice relating to assist the human resources department with legal matters regarding employment, all in cooperation with external legal counsel and lawyers at Moneris.
- Responsible for providing litigation file support.
- Conducting ongoing research and development of precedent resources and references to support legal services and establishing legal process and improvement, all in cooperation with lawyers at Moneris
- Liaising and coordinating with external legal counsel on various matters and issues relating to the business.
- Participate in Moneris Legal and Compliance team meetings, development, networking and learning events.
- Perform other duties, as required.
You have the following ingredients
- 5 to 7 years of experience as an in-house lawyer or as a lawyer in commercial practice within a law firm.
- Bachelor of Law and current member of the Quebec Bar.
- Experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts such as SAAS agreements, service provider agreements and business partnership contracts.
- Expertise in the area of personal information protection, privacy, data governance, compliance and information technology law, including applicable industry guidance and standards.
- High level of initiative
- Strong business acumen with analytical ability to assess the existence of a business opportunity
- Excellent communication skills and networking abilities
- Possess the ability to constructively confront people and issues
- Ability to apply strategic thinking to business issues and champion change
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills
- Knowledge of the legal environment applicable in Canada (Common Law is an asset).
- Excellent judgment.
- Strong organizational, business and negotiation skills.
- Perfectly bilingual in French and English, both orally and in writing.
The cherry on the Sundae
- Participate in the growth and success of a Quebec company that will conquer the world by helping restaurateurs
- Accelerate your career (enjoy a rewarding career path, self-improvement, opportunity for advancement)
- Enjoy a work/life balance (group insurance, flexible schedule, ability to work both in the office and at home)
- Be part of a close-knit team that’s like a family (we’re always open to new ideas and activities for our social events)
- Be in the coolest offices in Quebec City (open-plan office space, onsite exercise room, game room, massage therapy room, etc.).
- Possibility to work remote
Job Type: Full-time, permanent